Please note you should apply through the EPFL, ETHZ or PSI links below.
Any application sent by email will not be considered.
Software Research and Development Engineer
We are looking for a dynamic and proactive individual to join the Swiss Data Science Center (SDSC) in Zürich as a Software Research and Development Engineer. You will make an impact on the Swiss data ecosystem by joining collaborative SDSC projects to develop software solutions that make it easier and more efficient for researchers to share, manage, and analyze data, with an emphasis on sensitive data.
This role sits within the Open Research Data Engagement and Services team, with scope across the organization in academic, industry, or governmental projects. As a Software Research and Development Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in advancing the capabilities of SDSC data services. You will design, develop, and maintain crucial software components that span the full spectrum of the data lifecycle — from data ingestion to model deployment, through access management and visualization.
Working at the Swiss Data Science Center
Our recruitment policy is based on the following principles:
1. Fair practices: SDSC upholds transparent and fair hiring practices, treating all candidates with dignity, respect, and equality. We have clear and comprehensible guidelines that guide our recruitment methods and ensure every employee understands and follows them.
2. Positive culture: SDSC is committed to creating a work environment prioritizing its workers' well-being, satisfaction, and productivity. We support flexible working arrangements, including remote work possibilities, and provide a safe and healthy work environment where every employee feels valued, respected, and supported.
3. Gender equality: We value gender equality and give equal opportunity and respect to all employees. We think everyone has unique talents and skills and encourage all our employees, regardless of gender, to attain their full potential. We establish an environment where gender stereotypes (and all other biases) are challenged, resulting in an inclusive and empowering workplace.
4. Cultural diversity: We believe in the potential of inclusion and diversity. We seek to assemble a group of enthusiastic individuals who share our beliefs and ideals regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual identity, religion, or handicap. We actively recruit people with varied origins, nationalities, and experiences because we believe that a diverse workforce promotes innovation, creativity, and effective problem-solving.
5. Continuous growth: SDSC is committed to promoting our workers' ongoing education and development. We provide opportunities for professional development, allowing individuals to improve their skills, knowledge, and talents. We encourage our employees to realize their professional goals by offering resources and support.
Let’s talk Data Science
Do you need our services or expertise?
Contact us for your next Data Science project!